What is Microblading?
Microblading is used to upgrade the appearance of your eyebrows. It is performed by a certified aesthetician. At Internal Beauty Med Spa our aesthetician will carefully draw in the eyebrows using a specialized tool to create an outline of what you want your eyebrows to look like. The procedure involves tiny strokes that create the look and feel of your eyebrow hair. The results can last 12-18 months.
This procedure cuts into the skin in the area of your eyebrows and embeds pigment into the cuts. The skin will be slightly sensitive afterward, and you should avoid touching the area or getting it wet for up to 10 days after your appointment to allow the pigment to adhere to your skin.
Reasons to Choose Microblading
Microblading can be a great option for not only women but also men and can be used for several reasons:
- To look polished and well put together at all times
- For those who do not have the time in their day to apply makeup or touch up their eyebrows
- For athletes and those who actively work out and sweat a lot but still need to look presentable
- For those with less ability to apply their makeup such as poor eyesight or shaky hands
- For those suffering from hair loss conditions such as alopecia
- For those with makeup sensitivities
Aftercare Tips and Maintenance
Taking care of the area of skin where Microblading took place is similar to tattoo care, if a bit more intensive. The pigment directly after the procedure will look quite dark, and the skin underneath will be red. After two hours, the area should be gently swabbed with a sterile, wet cotton swab or ball. This will remove any excess dye remaining on the eyebrows. It will also keep the area sterile. It may take between 7-14 days for the skin under the brow to appear healed and for the new pigment to fade to its normal shade.
Follow the steps below to properly take care of your skin after the procedure:
- Avoid getting the area wet for up to 10 days, which includes keeping your face dry during a shower.
- Don’t wear makeup for at least a week. This is to ensure the pigments will settle into the shallow cuts in your skin caused by the blading.
- Don’t pick at scabs, tug, or itch the eyebrow area.
- Avoid saunas, swimming, and excessive sweating until the area is completely healed and you have a follow-up appointment.
- Keep your hair away from your brow line.
- Apply any medicated cream or healing balm provided by your technician as directed.
Our team at Internal Beauty Med Spa recommends getting a “touch-up” of your eyebrows at least once a year. This touch-up will involve adding pigment to the outline of the brows that you have already. After the skin is fully healed, you’ll want to protect your new eyebrow area. Applying a sunscreen or SPF moisturizer to the area may help prevent pigment fading.
Microblading at Internal Beauty Med Spa in Greenbelt, MD
If you are considering a Microblading procedure and would like to learn more from our trained team please give us a call or contact us online to schedule a consultation today!